Ingredients (for 2 servings)
1. Peel corn and keep the corn silk for decoration. Remove corn from the corncob using a kitchen knife (the corncob will be boiled together, so do not discard them).
2. Put the corn, corncob, and a pinch of salt into a large pot and fill with water until all ingredients are covered. Bring to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes. Carefully skim off any excess foam.
3. Once “2” is cooled, put the corn kernels into the blender and pour the cooked corn water until the kernels are fully covered and blend.
4. Transfer “3” to a colander and strain firmly. Taste the puree and adjust the taste with salt and cool it in the refrigerator.
5. For the corn silk decoration, fry the corn silk in oil at a low temperature of about 160 degrees. When it turns golden brown, take it out and rest it on a kitchen paper to drain the oil.
6. Serve the chilled soup in a bowl and garnish with fried corn silk and edible flower. And it’s done!
・Do not discard the corncob. Boiling it together brings out the “umami” flavor.
・If you refrigerate the bowl in advance, you can create a more chilled atmosphere.
・Corn silk burns quickly if the oil temperature is too high, so please fry at a low temperature. Also, you do not need too much oil for this process.